It so happens we had a couple of Cat Lane Chocolate and Cranberry teacakes in the freezer which needed using up so I thought I'd try a bread and butter pudding with them.
Delia always has some helpful suggestions so I had a quick look and adapted her standard bread and butter pudding recipe as follows:
- 2 chocolate and cranberry teacakes
- butter for spreading and for the bowl
- 8 fl oz milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz soft brown sugar
- few drops of vanilla extract
- fresh nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4
- Butter a small ovenproof dish
- Slice the teacakes into three slices butter and cut each slice in half
- Arrange the buttered slices in the dish
- Beat the eggs lightly in a glass jug and add the milk, soft brown sugar and vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture over the buttered teacakes
- Grate a little fresh nutmeg over the top and sprinkle with a little more sugar - demarara maybe for a bit of crunch..
- Put the dish in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown on the top.
- Serve with cream or ice cream
Mm-mm ! Delicious...